Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blog 1



The artifact that I believe represents who I am is my passport. While I have traveled to and lived in different places in my life, the passport not only represents where I have been, but where I want to go in the future. My passport represents inside of it the places I have been outside of the United States, such as parts of England and Scotland, five different Italian cities, and the Dutch Island of Aruba. I had planned on traveling to Africa this past summer with my Mom and my younger brother, but our plans were changed at the last minute as the United States posted a Do Not Travel Alert to the city we were supposed to fly into. I plan to travel many other places in the future, and after graduation hope to spend the summer backpacking in Europe. The passport does represent the international travels I have experienced, but also different places I lived growing up. My dad was transferred around a lot when I was younger, and even though all the places I have lived are in the United States, they are all over the country. My passport represents places that I have already seen in my life, as well as places I would life to see in the future.

3 comments:

Shawn Retz said...

Well first and foremost i have to say, wow, it seems like you have been very fortunate to have the opportunity to travel all over the world. Also i think it would be very interesting to spend the summer traveling through Europe, and i hope that works out for you. I think you did a great job in expressing how a passport expresses you love for travel. I would like to have heard about which travel site was your favorite, but other then that i really enjoyed reading about your travels.

Dave said...

Since my own travel experience has been limited to only a few different countries, I would like to first say how jealous I am. But on a serious note, I'm sure that these experiences overseas and all across the U.S. have surely shaped the person that you are. I think it is great that you have so many worldly experiences to draw from.

Zino said...

I think a passport is a great idea for an object that could really explain a lot about yourself. To portray yourself as a passport would take a lot of traveling. I have one two, but Ive only been to a few countries. It is interesting to look at the stamps from each country that you travel through.